"The History Center in Tompkins County helps people use the tools of history to understand the past, gain perspective on the present, and play an informed role in shaping the future."
- preserve and encourage access to The History Center's unique collections;
- seek out the diverse needs and interests of our community;
- design learning experiences and provide services that respond to those needs;
- create opportunities for people to learn about themselves and their place in the world; and
- provide a neutral environment for public discussions that bring historical perspective to current issues.