THE EXHIBIT HALL AND RESEARCH LIBARARY ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
Virtual Events/ Digital Learning
- Virtual HistoryForge Transcription Sessions - Help us transcribe the 1930 census for the HistoryForge database! Virtual sessions on 5/16 & 5/30
- History At Home - Visit www.thehistorycenter.net/youth-education for activities and crafting projects inspired by local history. These activities are geared towards elementary age children but can be enjoyed at any age! Tag us in pictures at @tompkinshistory or send to email@example.com
- Women Working - Help us complete this exhibit to be unveiled later this year! Send us pictures of you working in Tompkins County, both pictures you may have saved from the past, and your new work situations now. Email pictures with a description of who is pictured and their job to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documenting the Impacts of Covid-19 in Tompkins County (Archival Collection) - Visit www.thehistorycenter.net/research to learn about our ongoing archival collection related to the impacts of covid-19. Submit your own pictures, videos, and written reflections of this time to email@example.com
- PocketSights - Self-guided walking, driving, and biking tours of Tompkins County - Download the free PocketSights app to your tablet or smartphone to access over 40 self-guided tours of Tompkins County - www.pocketsights.com
- Visit our Exhibits page for exhibit summaries and digital learning opportunities from our previous location at Gateway, interactive maps, and self-guided walking tours
You can learn about upcoming History Center events on our Facebook events page.
For information about public events in the Tompkins Center for History & Culture.
For information about the current exhibit in the CAP Artspace.
- Human Rights & Me (Youth Program originally on 3/15) has been postponed to a later date.
- Local Sisters of Change (Originally on 3/18) has been postponed to a later date.
- Tompkins County Genealogy Society Monthly Meeting (originally 3/18) has been cancelled for the month of March. Lecture re-scheduled for April meeting.
- Make Your Own Comic (Originally on 3/28) has been postponed to a later date due to the cancellation of IthaCon
- Ithaca Heritage Guided Tours of the Exhibit Hall (Originally on 3/20 & 4/3) have been cancelled. Stay tuned for future scheduled tours.
- HistoryForge Transcription Bees (Originally on 3/28 and 4/11) cancelled. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org about inputting census data remotely!
- New Discoveries at the Enfield Falls Hotel (Originally on 4/2) has been postponed to a later date.
- Gallery Night (Originally on 4/3) has been cancelled for the month of April
- Historic Pub Crawl (Originally on 4/4) has been postponed to a later date. Visit ithacaheritage.com for details.
- Lavender Hill Documentary Screening (Originally on 4/8) in collaboration with Ithaca College has been cancelled.
- Cornell Historic Railroad Society (Originally on 4/14) has been cancelled for the month of April.
At this time The History Center is postponing all scheduled events at The History Center/Tompkins Center for History & Culture until the current public health situation has resolved. The Exhibit Hall & Research Library are closed to the public until the current health crisis resolves.